5.20.2005

A trip to Olympia

So I went up to visit Terry at Espresso Parts NW today...
The main reason was to pick up the Grimac Mia from him for my Home-Barista.com review.
But when I got there I also got a tour of the whole operation.

I have to say that the place is seriously cool - a total treat for the serious espresso freak. Tons of wicked cool machines and toys. I got to check out a really sweet one-group La Marzocco GS, some seriously tweaked machines of various sorts as well as the first commercial heat-exchanger machine that I've ever been impressed by.

I wish I could say more about the machine but... well... it's a big secret.
Suffice it to say that there is going to be a commercial HX machine that doesn't suck. Seriously. It's got some real serious potential. Seriously.

And now it's time to start learning to be a home barista!

No comments: