11.17.2004

The job is starting to become more "real" to me.

The company meeting last night was incredible. The whole company broke down into small groups and we cupped five Cup of Excellence coffees head to head. It was an amazing experience. Not just to have the opportunity to cup such coffees, but to hear the passion and excitement for the product expressed by so many people.

I'm really lucky.

And then this morning I got my first "new hire" orientation of sorts - working as a bar-back for part of the morning at the downtown location. Super fun actually. Not easy work, but a great group of people, a great vibe... very cool.

And then finishing the day watching a new barista get trained...

It's so sweet - the employees here are not like the "baristas" at so many places. People are very serious, very professional and very committed.

I'm lovin' it!!

No comments: