11.16.2004

and the job

Tonight I'll be introduced to the company as a whole. Very exciting and more than a bit nervous-making if you know what I mean.

I'm slowly getting up to speed.
I know it's only my second day, but it feels like time is truly creeping by.

Someone tagged the Stumptown equipment van the other day. Huge (and incredibly lame) and on both sides of the van. Employees are seriously up in arms about it.

It's going to be incredibly cool - this job is really challenging and exciting, but more than that - the company is great. I like the fact that there is a strong culture - a way of acting and doing things - and it's not always my way. Everything from the style of the employees to the way espresso is extracted is different from my personal tastes - and I like that. I like the idea that I'm going to have to rethink stuff, that I'm going to have to change and adapt. And I love the idea of challenging the established "rules" myself. I only hope they're as excited about change as I am.

No comments: