4.06.2005

the beast

As many of you know, Stumptown commissioned Kees to build us a one-of-a-kind 5 Group Mistral last year. Over the last few months I have posted the periodic teaser photo now and then.

A couple weeks back, the machine was finally delivered to ESI in Seattle. Duane drove up there, cracked a big old bottle of Chimay with the ESI folks to celebrate and then brought it home.

Monday night Lizz, Ken and Garth prepared the space, the electrical systems and the plumbing for it. From what I gather - it was a long night.

And then last night Ken, Lizz, Wendy and Garth pulled an epic all-nighter doing the install.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night.
So, early this morning I ran over to check it out.

One word... GLORIOUS.

So here, without further ado, I present the mighty 5 group Mistral.
















I'll post some thoughts on using it, drink quality, etc after a few days "shake down."

No comments: